Hello everyone I hope you're all enjoying your day. My name is Sinead, I'm a young beauty blogger from the east coast of Ireland. You can find my blog Miss Forever Chic here http://foreverchicbeauty.blogspot.ie/ . I started my blog in late 2013 as a result of my love for all things beauty and fashion. Today I'm going to be sharing 8 of my top beauty tips with all of you.
Tip number 1: Remover your makeup at the end of the day, with a cleanser. For years I removed my makeup with makeup remover wipes and I always considered it perfectly adequate. Recently I started to use Neutrogena's facial wash to remove my makeup instead and my skin has improved drastically.
Tip number 2: SPF 365 days a year. Yes some of you may have heard of this some of you may not. Wearing sunscreen is fairly common during the summer months but it's actually important to wear it every day. Even when it's cloudy out UV rays are still out in force so protect your skin with some good old SPF in your moisturizer, in your foundation, wherever it comes make sure you wear some everyday.
Tip number 3: If you want to fake awake use a nude or white eyeliner instead of black. This can also help to make your eyes appear bigger as well as brighter.
Tip number 4: Before using heat tools on your hair spray heat protectant throughout, try to let it absorb into your hair for five to ten minutes before you start styling your hair.
Tip number 5: Over doing it with dry shampoo can do some serious damage to your scalp. Restore the moister in your scalp by massaging a few drops of argan oil and leaving it to absorb for about an hour an a half before washing your hair.
Tip number 6: Again with regards to hair, this is especially great if your broke, invest in a pair of hairdressing scissors and learn to give your own hair basic trims. Only visiting the hairdressers when you need a major cut will save you a ton of money. Check out this basic hair trimming video by lilcammo93 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um1hqXh7-cc .
Tip number 7: Once again with hair avoid brushing your hair when wet. This helps to minimize breakages and it's usually easier to brush through when dry.
Tip number 8: Coconut oil is an amazing eye makeup remover! Recently coconut oil has started to gain some recognition in the beauty world. Despite its many, many, MANY uses I still love to use it for removing waterproof mascara at the end of the day, night or you know the next morning because I'm lazy and at 4am I usually don't have the coordination to remove eye makeup without getting the remover in my eye.
I hope these tips help some of you out and I hope you all enjoyed reading my post. I'd like to thank Jenna for having me as a guest blogger. Come on over to my blog and check out Jenna's post all about her top beauty tips.
This post has been highly requested/much needed. I get so many questions via Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc. about how to start a blog and become successful. I'm here to share some of the tips I've learned and either stuck by, or are just beginning to do myself. This post is perfect for someone trying to start a blog, or simply trying to gain more traffic to their site!
1. Be Consistent- This is a tip that I struggle with most, but know it's key to a successful blog. I have had a lot going on this past year which has made it hard for me to be on a schedule. Making a schedule and posting often is the best way to show your readers that you are serious and passionate about your blog...which brings me to my next tip.
2. Be Sincere & Passionate- Don't start a blog just to try to make money or become 'internet famous' because it doesn't work that way. People are drawn to sincerity and can truly tell if there is passion in your work, which is a lot more attractive to them.
3. Be Organized- It's okay if you want to blog about different things, for example fashion, beauty and lifestyle. If you do so, make sure to be organized about it so people can come and find what they're looking for. Having an archive list on the sidebar can help too. 4. Connect With Google Adsense- This is where you will be making the majority of your money. By getting approved from Google to have an Adsense account, you can add ads onto your page, which will collect revenue when people click on them.
5. Have Quality Pictures- It's okay to start off with a cheap camera or even to use an iPhone. Eventually you may want to invest in a DSLR (mine is the Canon Rebel t5i). It will be more attractive to your viewers, and will look more professional.
6. Have Your Own Domain- I used to have jennaleeannclothing.blogspot.com but who the heck will remember that and want to type that in every time!? It is so inexpensive to buy a domain for a year, so I bought www.jennaleeann.com. It really makes a big difference and is only like 10-15$ (I think around there on GoDaddy).
7. Take Advantage Of Social Media- This is free advertising. Take advantage! Build your following on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin, etc. This is the best way to get your name out there and share your new posts! Tip: Try to have the same name for all platforms, so people can search for you easily. Oh, and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PINTEREST! Pin the heck out of your posts!! It really drives a lot of traffic to your site.
8. Show Appreciation- Do giveaways, comment back to people, tell them how much you appreciate their support. It is genuinely nice and people will respect that you are taking the time to show you care!
9. Be Yourself- Don't change your image for any company or person. Be yourself and be true to who you are. Give honest reviews, and you will gain so much more respect and trust from your readers.
I hope this helped to those of you who are starting a blog or trying to grow your own! I know it's hard to be on top of things all of the time (trust me, I'm a student and work full time besides blogging so I know), but try to stay passionate and create content that you're proud of!
Be sure to send me your blog on Twitter or in the comments below, and feel free to share your tips in the comments too for readers to see!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I'm a successful blogger or anything close, this is just what I've learned from my own experiences and from doing research.
A while back, I went to a fashion conference with Lucky Magazine and was able to meet a bunch of inspirational people. One of the companies I spoke with was Warby Parker (www.warbyparker.com).
If you've never heard of Warby Parker, they are a very innovative online eyeglasses and sunglasses store. Buying glasses online is difficult because you don't know what they'll look like on your face. With Warby Parker, you can pick 5 different designs to be sent to you to try on at home for 5 days; and you only keep and pay for the pair you want! The best part about this company is that for every pair purchased, a pair of eyeglasses is distributed to someone in need.
Though I don't wear eyeglasses, they have sunglasses as well! But I wanted to focus on their Spring Collection of eyeglasses because I'm pretty much in love with the theme. Nautical. I took the initiative to add a couple of styles that I loved (men and women). All of these can be found in the link below:
For those neutral lovers:
For those who want a pop of color:
They have so many great colors that you could pair with all of the upcoming Spring trends!
I'm in the middle of a collab post with another blogger about Spring trends (ex. floral is still on the list!), so expect a post during the beginning of February!
Let me know if you check this site out, or even try the home try-on! Send me a picture on Twitter @JennaLeeAnnLLC so I can Retweet it! :) Talk to you soon!
Vacation time is reaching us! I'll be in LA and San Diego in March to check out some apartments (yay!), so I figured it's the perfect time to not only make a packing list for myself, but for anyone going on vacation. Read below for the free download-able and printable version of this list (for your convenience, it's in checklist form!).
This list is a general list for a vacation to somewhere somewhat warm. Feel free to add to it or just cross things off that you won't be needing! It's perfect to have a printable list to make sure you don't forget anything!
Because I live in New England, it's freezing here in winter time. Going to Southern California where it's going to be warm, dressing could be a fun challenge. Stay tuned for my next post on how to dress for a plane ride from cold to warm weather (hint: there will be layers involved!).
I also have a couple of great collaborations coming soon!
Are you going on vacation this year? If so, where!? Let me know in a comment below or on Twitter @JennaLeeAnnLLC if this list was helpful to you!