Guys, this is a post for you. Or maybe for the girls who are looking to buy gifts for guys for the holiday! Here are some staple pieces (guys who don't know fashion terms, a staple is a must have, not an office supply) that every man should have in their closet. So open up your Notes app on your phone and jot this down for your next shopping trip!
- Neutral Tees- My personal preference is a v-neck (not too deep...please!!). But, v-neck and scoop neck are must haves. Black, white, and grey tees should be hanging in your closet right now! Don't know where to buy good quality? Check out www.express.com .
- A Well-Fitted Tux- If you don't already have one, I'm disappointed! There are SO many occasions where you need a good suit/tuxedo. Spend the money to get one nice one, and get it tailored! For amazing good quality suits, check out www.hugoboss.com .
- Dark-Washed Jeans- If you read my post on 5 Things Men Should NOT Wear (which was a big hit!) you would know that light washed jeans are awful unless you are at work or doing some country things haha. Do not DARE take a lady on a date in light washed jeans! Find a good pair of dark washed jeans that are your go-to for a night out or even to wear anywhere! My favorite denim brand: http://www.7forallmankind.com .
- A Signature Scent- I suppose this goes for guys and gals. Pick a signature scent that will make people think of you when they smell it. I can tell you from personal experience, when I smell certain scents I can think of the guys who wear it. My favorite (though people may think it's overrated and a cliché) is Armani Code. However, if you don't like the smell of it, which would be crazy...try out the Hugo Boss colognes!
- Leather Loafers- This ties to the tuxedo concept, but every guy should have a good pair of leather loafers. Whether it's meeting the parents, or a wedding, or whatever it may be; you always will need a pair of leather loafers. Check out these: http://www.sperrytopsider.com/en/mens-shoes-loafers-slipons/
- Black Button Down- This is probably the sexiest thing (in my opinion, besides a grey knit cardigan) a guy can wear when I meet them. Something about a guy in a black button down and dark washed jeans smelling awesome, makes them seem so put together and on point. Express also has great button downs! www.express.com
I hope this helped guide you to a better closet, or helps you ladies with some gift ideas! Leave some other ideas of what you think men should wear in the comments below or on any of my social media! (Links are on the right side of my blog)
I'm going to be planning a holiday giveaway so keep an eye out for that, and I will be doing a Black Friday haul very soon! (Finals week, sorry for the lack of fashion!). P.s. Yay for my 2 year anniversary blogging on www.jennaleeann.com!